Heard so much about the benefits of Shilajit, but with so many forms available in the market, confused about which one to buy and consume. Are you in search of the appropriate ways to consume Shilajit? If yes, then you are in the right place. This article is just for you.
This article will walk you through the differences between Shilajit Resin, Powder, and Capsules, along with the pros and cons. Aiming to spread accurate information about the dosage of Shilajit.
Let’s get started!
The best Shilajit resin is a smooth semi-solid paste that comes mainly in black and dark brown colors. The best method to identify shilajit resin is, when you take it in your palm, it should get sticky while becoming brittle when kept in the fridge. Shilajit resin is mainly consumed by dissolving it in warm water or hot beverage. It shows higher benefits and is considered purer as compared to other forms because of the minimal processing it undergoes with.
Pros of Shilajit Resin
- The highest concentration of fulvic acid.
- Lasts for a longer time.
- No fillers were added.
- Less refinement is required than any other solid form.
Cons of Shilajit Resin
- Contains a strong flavor.
- It takes some time to get dissolved in warm water completely.
The powdered form of Shilajit comes in different shades of black, brown, and amber. The raw shilajit is processed at a certain level to convert it into powder form. Many people prefer taking shilajit powder as it easily gets dissolved in water or any beverage.
In the current market scenario, where everyone claims to offer authentic raw Shilajit powder, sometimes it gets very difficult to find the original Himalayan Shilajit extract powder. It is much harder to check the quality of powder without a lab test, whereas resin can easily be tested in the comfort of your home. To test if your Shilajit powder is authentic, take a very small amount of it and leave it in direct contact with the air. The authentic one will solidify within 2-3 days. Another characteristic of it is, it easily gets dissolved in water leaving no particles behind.
Pros of Shilajit Powder
- Gets dissolved easily.
- If stored away from direct sunlight, oxygen and heat, it lasts for a very long time.
Cons of Shilajit Powder
- Shilajit Powder has a strong flavor
- Could be overheated while processing.
Shilajit capsules are basically powered Shilajit stored in a capsule. These capsules are good for those who do not want to take Shilajit in raw form and want to avoid its strong flavor. But Shilajit capsules are not much recommended as many manufacturers degrade the quality to increase profits.
Pros of Shilajit Capsules
- Does not contain a strong flavor
- It no need to dissolve in water and can be consumed very quickly & easily.
- Last long if stored in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight, heat, and oxygen.
- Zero mess involved.
Cons of Shilajit Capsules
- Contains fillers.
- Takes some time to digest.
An appropriate dose of shilajit has not been yet determined but it is recommended to take up to 150 mg once or twice a day. The right dose of shilajit depends on various parameters such as age, current health condition, and the purpose of taking it. It is necessary to take personalized advice from your health supervisor on how to use shilajit and which supplement to choose and in what quantity.
Precautionary Steps to Take While Consuming Shilajit
- Although Shilajit contains great minerals, Fulvic, and amino acids which strengthen the body and cure several diseases, it is highly important to avoid consumption of any form of Shilajit during pregnancy because of its adverse effect on breastfeeding.
- Diabetic patients should take Shilajit supplements under the proper guidance of medical practitioners as the combination of shilajit and anti-diabetic medicines can adversely affect the health of diabetic patients.
- Patients suffering from sickle cell anemia should not take Shilajit in any form.
- It is advised to monitor the uric acid level regularly while taking Shilajit supplements as it might impact the uric acid level in the body.
The Bottom Line
Shilajit is certainly a great Rasayana of nature containing 85 essential minerals and fulvic acid that help the human body rejuvenate from the inside. Shilajit raises immunity, relieves symptoms of anxiety, burns off excess fat, and eases inflammatory conditions.
Ayurveda has divided shilajit into 4 major categories, namely – Black, Gold, Silver, and Copper. Black is the most commonly available, and gold & copper are the rarest. Ayurvedic health practitioners claim that these different types of shilajit support different parts of the body, however, the current research evidence conflicts with such claims. Some people believe that gold and copper shilajit are the best while others vouch for the black shilajit as the best one. Whatever the believes and claims are, either way, all these 4 types of shilajit contain rich minerals and fulvic acid and provide beneficial health results.
Apart from resin, powder, and capsules, Shilajit comes in other forms too like liquid Shilajit, tablets/drops, solid Shilajit, etc. Before taking Shilajit, first, consult with your doctor and opt for the best Shilajit supplement which suits your body.
Try to purchase only those supplements that have been clinically certified and have been given a certain level of quality testing grades by the research labs. If you are ordering Shilajit online, check for their reviews and sellers’ credibility; search for the best Shilajit to buy on Google, and you will land up to some authentic, 100% pure Shilajit supplement providers like rasayanam. where you will find a wide range of Shilajit supplements and other ayurvedic products of the highest quality and guaranteed purity. So, don’t forget to check their best in quality Shilajit products!