Also known as ‘Indian Winter Cherry’ and ‘Indian Ginseng,’ Ashwagandha is a medicinal herb used for almost 6,000 years in Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medicinal system. Amongst its range of benefits, such as improving blood sugar levels, fighting inflammation, and reducing stress, KSM66 Ashwagandha has benefits found to have an impact on height growth. Let’s explore how Ashwagandha supplements impact your height, its appropriate dosage, and how to include it in your diet safely.
Which Factors Determine a Person’s Height?
Your height is something that people don’t have control over, but it has a stronger link with one’s self-esteem than you can think. According to a journal published in the International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, taller stature lends feelings of self-worth and makes a person feel more attractive.
As verified by the Annals of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, your height is mainly a factor of:
- Your DNA
- Birth weight
- Levels of physical activity
- Existence of any medical or hormonal conditions
An increase in one’s height is mainly due to the lengthening of the long bones. This is impacted by the growth plates consisting of cartilage at the end of the bones. These growth plates close down at around 20 years in men and 16 years in women.
Does Ashwagandha Increase Height?
Ashwagandha contains a variety of chemicals and compounds that are beneficial for our mental and physical health. These include steroidal lactones, flavonoids, and alkaloids and have anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, neuroprotective, and cardioprotective properties.
Besides these, it has a tremendous impact on one’s height growth. Here’s how it helps you grow taller:
Boosts Human Growth Hormone
Human growth hormone (HGH) plays a critical part in increasing a person’s height. The levels of this hormone are directly impacted by gamma amino-butyric acid (GABA), which acts as a calming neurotransmitter in the brain.
According to the African Journal of Traditional Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Ashwagandha helps enhance the production of GABA, which in turn impacts the growth and development of the body. This HGH boost directly impacts your height growth.
Improves Bone Density
According to the Orthopedic Nursing Journal, a reduction in bone density has a direct impact on your height. Long-term bone mass loss leads to excessive height loss over time.
KSM66 is one of the most important herbs for promoting bone health. It helps improve bone calcification and increases your cellular activity, which helps produce more bone tissue. By enhancing your bone density, it prevents your trunk and spine from shrinking, which gives you a bent posture. The herb also reduces inflammation and promotes better healing of the bones. All these, in the long run, help maintain your height and prevent a reduction in it.
Promotes Better Sleep
Ashwagandha supplements belong to the class of ‘adaptogens’ that work toward reducing stress and its harmful effects on the body. It helps regulate the levels of cortisol in the body, reducing the stress response.
Lower stress levels help in letting you enjoy uninterrupted sleep. Good sleep, in the long run, is crucial in height development.
How Can You Include Ashwagandha In Your Routine For Height?
Ashwagandha is available in several easy-to-consume forms. You can find it in the form of capsules, liquid drops, gummies, and powders that can be mixed into drinks.
Before you buy an Ashwagandha supplement, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the supplement independently tested and verified by a third party?
- Is the seller credible?
- Does it have an adequate dosage of Ashwagandha, enough to meet your needs?
- Is the supplement affordable and easily available?
What Is The Appropriate Dosage of Ashwagandha For Height?
Just like any other supplement, Ashwagandha also has a cap on its dosage. It is usually recommended to consume 400-500 grams of capsules once or twice a day. This dosage is verified in the Complementary Therapies in Medicine Journal as being safe and tolerable for people.
How Long Should You Take KSM 66 To Increase Height?
There is no specific period within which Ashwagandha will help you in gaining height. Height changes occur till 16 years in women and 20 years in men. So, taking ashwagandha during this period may support the natural growth of height.
What Are Some Precautions That You Should Keep in Mind?
It is a safe herb that can be used by almost anyone for long periods; there are some things to keep in mind before including KSM 66 for height increase.
- Never include Ashwagandha in your diet before checking with your doctor. The dosage of this herb should be decided by your doctor after taking into consideration your age, general state of health, and your current height and scope of increasing it.
- Never exceed the dosage of Ashwagandha supplements set by your doctor.
- Don’t substitute any existing line of treatment with Ashwagandha supplements.
Who Should Not Take Ashwagandha Supplements?
Ashwagandha supplements are said to interfere with some medical conditions and must not be taken by people suffering from them, at least not without consulting their doctor. These conditions include:
- High blood sugar
- If you are on blood thinning medication
- If you have been prescribed sedatives and anxiety medication
Besides these, the following category of people should also avoid consuming Ashwagandha:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women are advised against using Ashwagandha supplements.
- People who suffer from autoimmune conditions must avoid these supplements. These conditions include lupus, type-1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
Are There Any Side Effects of Ashwagandha Supplements?
Although side effects of KSM-66 are rarely reported, there are still some adverse effects that people may experience. These may include:
- Consuming Ashwagandha in higher than prescribed dosages may cause gastrointestinal symptoms. These may include abdominal cramps, diarrhea, or vomiting.
- Since it makes your immune system stronger, consuming Ashwagandha may exacerbate the symptoms of autoimmune diseases.
- Some people may feel dizziness, blurry vision, or a heavy head.
Taking Ashwagandha KSM-66 is a safe and natural method to enhance your height. This supplement, being natural and organic, does not cause any harmful side effects and helps improve your body’s growth and development. Just ensure that you follow a good lifestyle that includes adequate sleep, exercise, and balanced nutrition to complement your Ashwagandha supplements.